Friday 1 July 2011

MelJayNaray Poem: The Butterfly Poem

Awww, I like this one! This one was written in recognition of my special friend Matt Fry ( @lovepeaceunity on Twitter) who has really inspired me in my poetry! He's very bouncy, bubbly and as colourful as a butterfly :) This one's just a happy one that makes me smile! I wrote it in 2010 and I think this is one of my creative ones- it spells out Butterfly :) :) :) I like its message of being fun-filled, happy, positive and making the leap to reach good things! We're all so colourful aren't we? That's why we're all beautiful! So whether you call them Flutterby's or Butterfly's, hope you enjoy this one! Lotsa love Mel XXX

The BUTTERFLY Poem...    8i8
By Melanie Jay Narayanasamy



Bring us a set of butterfly wings, which flap with energy to lift us high,

Unwrapped from a cocoon where we were once enclosed and shy.

To bounce into the air with an enthusiastic and jolly flap!

Trying to reach new distances without the need for a map!

Every landing we make will be gentle, from a leaf to somebody’s palm,

Ready to jump into the air again in order to spread our charm!

Following the other butterflies as they flutter and dance creating a colour burst!

Landing on petals for their floral juice to quench our thirst!

Yesterday’s caterpillars are today’s butterflies; To live our lives like this would be awesomely wise!



© Melanie Jay Narayanasamy 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment