Friday 1 July 2011

MelJayNaray Poem: IN DREAMS

Wow my very first poem for the blog!! So why In Dreams? Well I wrote this in December 2010 around Christmas time. I posted it on Twitter and got some very heart warming comments (thank you treasured friends!) It is actually inspired by Coronation Street! I am quite a soap-a-holic and do take the characters to heart. So when the tragic tram crash occurred to celebrate Corrie's 50th anniversary, I was devastated when Ashley Peacock was killed- heartbroken for his wife Claire and two children ...It made me think about the absolute despair of all hope being destroyed when you lose your soulmate. I began getting some ideas down and thought about where one might look to find that last glimmer of hope- hence In Dreams...! I hope you enjoy it and that your interpretation of it is done from your heart- it can I guess be understood and read differently by different people. If you have any comments or questions I'd be happy to read them :)

I would like to dedicate my special thanks to a beautiful lady called SJ  @Sazzim on Twitter who very kindly presented this poem on her own blog back in January. Not only overflowing with kindness and encouragement, SJ was responsible for the beautiful presentation of this poem with accompanying images chosen with care. She kept me updated whenever lovely people had made some heartwarming comments, and she has given me a lot of encouragement to get my poems published. I won't forget this SJ, Huge Hug and love to you.  Please check out the blog of SJ where you will find her wonderful ways with words and her brilliant poetry! I have so much admiration for gifted people like SJ who are willing to share their expertise and goodwill to encourage others who may not be as confident

http://almostthere.biz/
http://almostthere.biz/2011/01/guest-post-in-dreams/  


 Lotsa love Mel XXXX


IN DREAMS
by Melanie Jay Narayanasamy



I hope, I pray that I’ll see you in dreams,

We’ll meet on top of a rainbow with smiles so wide!

Angels will play melodies, dressed in Heavenly creams

And down the rainbow we will slide


In dreams we will land on the softest, fluffiest cloud,

And we’ll discover that it’s made of the sweetest candy as we take it to our lips.

It will taste just like wedding cake, and remind us of all we vowed...

So hand in hand we’ll travel down Memory Lane with happy skips!


When we need a rest once our feet begin to ache,

We’ll sit on the Golden bench and give our Old Rainbow friend a wave!

Turning, we’ll find there flows the newest bluest clearest lake

And in dreams, we’ll decide there and then to have a bathe!


Your presence adds to the wondrous beauty of the water in every way you move,

As I join to you I realise that this was always meant to be- this so-called whim!

In dreams, even with loving splashes the Lake remains dignified and smooth,

Carrying our Love in a long and elegant swim


In dreams, the Lake ventures into the sea and we come to a tropical setting

Where golden sands bury hidden treasures and embrace the trees of palm,

Just like our Precious Paradise Lives on Earth, we’re never forgetting,

Where the Sun was your eyes and Gold were your arms


In dreams, you know it can’t last forever but the end is better without warning,

Because tears would ruin our Lake of Love and rust our Golden Seat,

We’d surely sink with heavy hearts a-mourning!

And a darkened sky would hide the Rainbow so how would we know where to meet?


That’s why only when I wake will I cry right until our next in-dream rendezvous,

I think next time I’ll ask you about Heaven and your Friend who sits on His Throne!

And I promise to store up all this Love I have for you

So that I can give it to you on that Rainbow high where the Angels have flown!


Being in dreams is what I hold on to because seeing you living gives me hope

To wish for this meeting place set in an unknown time in an unknown sphere

And one day Beloved, whence from this Earth I elope,

I’ll join you and close tightly shut the tap of this eternal tear




©  Melanie Jay Narayanasamy 2011

3 comments:

  1. very nice! i like this, great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much D.A. Thomas- I'm really happy that you like it :) This poem is going to be a year old soon and its very special to me!I worked quite hard on it to get it how it is and thoroughly enjoyed writing it. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment. With kind wishes Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you for very kindly following my blog D.A. Thomas :) That means a great deal! I hope you continue to enjoy the poems!

    ReplyDelete