Sunday 3 July 2011

MelJayNaray Poem: The Easter Poem

Oh yes!! Love this poem! This is about the Lovely Lord Jesus- He is just AMAZING! I love Him and am so overjoyed at His Love for me- I am so Blessed by Him and am so thankful that He Has given me a love and gift for poetry, I really enjoy it! I wrote this when I was about 17 years old and remember getting it ready to read at the Easter Dinner table :) I read it to my Jesus and felt very proud to do so. My family enjoyed it and said it was lovely thing to do. I always pray to Lord Jesus to continue Helping me, Inspiring me and Guiding me in my poetry and because my gift would be empty and meaningless without Him. Many a time, when writer's block has struck, I'm only a prayer away from inspiration and the perfect word- it's a joyful moment! This poem is about the events that took place in Jesus' Life, Death and Rising at Easter. XXX


The Easter Poem

By Melanie Jay Narayanasamy

 

Maundy Thursday and the Last Supper was eaten,

Jesus Blessed His disciples, the food and the wine,

Which were a symbol of His Blood and Body Beaten

Nailed to the Cross to become the Christian sign.



Good Friday and my Lord was accused of crime,

Pontius Pilate acknowledged the crowds’ demands.

He knew that He had to suffer for it was time,

When His Body was tortured, holes through feet and hands.



Sombre Saturday, my Lord has died, Mary mourns.

The battered Body remains on the Holy Cross.

They take Him down, remove the nails and crown of thorns,

Tears of grief echo like a choir through the loss.



Easter Sunday, invites to the tomb where Jesus lies,

But on entrance we see the body gone!

“Oh where is my Lord”, Mary Magdalene cries,

But looking behind her, what a Beautiful Light Shone!



Jesus, a Humble Gardener in disguise,

Takes her hand and she sees the scars of nails in His Palms,

She sees that He has Risen, her conclusion in wise,

And He gently cradles her in His Arms.



She tells the world that Jesus is alive and well,

The crowds sing songs to God, they’re filled with joy, peace, love and praise!

Alleluia! Heaven has conquered and won over hell!

And we wait for Him again, for this is what the Bible says.

© Melanie Jay Narayanasamy 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment